Friday, October 16, 2015

Random Happy Time, 28 O’Clock - Tech Talk!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSX_%28video_game_console%29
While discussing virtual reality headsets in the previous Q Attack, Tiger and Rabbit take time to reflect on other gaming technologies in this edition of Random Happy Time! From the PocketStation to crazy controllers and everything in between, these fuzzy friends share some of their most memorable tech.

**^^**

Tiger: We’ve adopted a bunch of different video game related peripherals.

Rabbit: We’ve already talked about the PS Move and PS Camera; we also got the EyeToy when it first came out.

Tiger: I actually used the EyeToy quite a lot since I played Eye of Judgment often.

Rabbit: I used to play EyeToy: AntiGrav. It was a terrible game even when you could get it to work.

Tiger: Remember those screensaver esque PSN games that utilized the EyeToy?

Rabbit: (*^▽^)/ You could do things like paint the screen with your hand or move blocks and what not.

Tiger: We would turn that on when we hosted parties, just so people could mess around with it.

Rabbit: We also had an EyePet.

Tiger: Do you remember Tamagotchi?

Rabbit: I loved mine!

Tiger: We actually had some knock off version that featured an alien, but it was okay.

Rabbit: You always let yours starve. I had my pet alien alive for so long and then I went to a birthday party and asked you to take care of it. Do you know what you did?!

Tiger: ╮(─▽─)╭ I forgot about it and let it starve.

Rabbit: My poor friend starved to death. 。:゜(;´∩`;)゜:。

Tiger: Speaking of Tamagotchi, I always wanted to pick up a PocketStation but we never did import one.

Rabbit: We weren’t big spenders let alone importers back in the PlayStation era. It still would have been pretty cool to get.

Tiger: There was also the PSX.

Rabbit: Oh man, was that thing expensive.

Tiger: ヘ(゜Д、゜)ノ We’ve also picked up some crazy controllers, like some weird off-brand one that split in two.

Rabbit: Do you remember the GameShark?

Tiger: Now that brings back memories. I think the most used video game peripherals we’ve owned are the guitar controllers.

Rabbit: We’ve had so many of those that we actually bought guitar stands for them. (。-_-。)

Tiger: Oh, remember having the multitap for our Tekken Tag Tournament parties?

Rabbit: (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ Now those were the good ‘ole days.

1 comment:

  1. Gaming peripherals, eh? I tend to skip most of 'em especially the fad ones, but I do have some still. The cheat devices you mentioned such as the GameShark for PS1 and the Game Genie for NES, SNES, and Game Boy are the ones I used. I never had a PocketStation during its time, but I have had one since about 2007 and have used it with a few games such as Pocket MuuMuu and mostly used it with JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. No love for light guns? heh. I have a bevy of light gun games for Saturn, PS1, and PS2. The light guns themselves that I own are Sega Stunner (Saturn), Konami Justifier (PS1), Nyko Cobra (PS1/Saturn), Namco GunCon (PS1; two of 'em), and a GunCon 2 (PS2). Like you I used the PlayStation Eye for The Eye of Judgment and only for that game.

    ReplyDelete