Friday, December 9, 2016

Random Happy Time, 42 O'Clock - Poison in my Pocket!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSnb_A3n0Gg
Rabbit and Tiger discuss a specific song from a Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder in this edition of Random Happy Time. The fuzzy pair also share their memories from the past year, give their holiday wishes to their readers, and say goodbye to 2016.

**^^**

Tiger: 《《o(≧◇≦)o》》 We have to discuss the amazing score of Steven Lutvak and the witty of lyrics of Robert L. Freedman a little more.

Rabbit: You’re talking about Poison in my Pocket, aren’t you?

Tiger: Yes, it’s one of Monty’s first planned murders. He follows a D’Ysquith to a winter retreat and spies him skating on a frozen lake.

Rabbit: Are you going to go over the entire song?

Tiger: No, but at least Monty’s first sequence. ♪ヾ(^Д^*)ノ
I am standing here with poison in my pocket
Standing on this frozen little dock-
It seems that I’ve just let them skate my opportunity away
If I had the poise to put the poison
In a pot of tea or else a shot of gin
I would be back amid the noise of London by the end of day. But,
I am standing here with poison in my pocket
One eye on the target, one eye on the clock-
It better happen soon before I lose my nerve and run.
If I had a knife, I could have grabbed him
And discreetly knocked him on the head and stabbed him
Not to mention what I would have done
If I had had a gun
Rabbit: You really love that song, don’t you?

Tiger: It’s so clever! Lyrically, it really is amazing. I’m jealous, I wish I had that kind of talent with words. It really was such an amazing musical, I’m really happy we got to go. Probably my highlight of 2016.

Rabbit: I thought the Sharks playing for the Stanley Cup would have been your highlight of the year.

Tiger: That one too.

Rabbit: I think µ's Final LoveLive! ~µ'sic Forever♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪~ was a big event for me. .·´¯`(>▂<)´¯`·.

Tiger: Don’t even go there, please don’t go there. Oh, the Olympics were eventful too.

Rabbit: I thought it was kind of dull this year but I still enjoyed watching swimming and gymnastics. Also, we got to see a lot of sports we don’t normally watch a ton of like volleyball and table tennis. (。・ω・)ρ┳┷┳゚σ(・ω・*)

Tiger: We finally got to see Captain America: Civil War. (´ω`◎)ゞ Really enjoyed that movie.

Rabbit: I beat Dishonored! (•̀o•́)ง

Tiger: I beat a ton of Assassin’s Creed games! !(•̀ᴗ•́)و ̑̑

Rabbit: We also got a lot of great games that we haven’t played yet like Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma and the Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II.

Tiger: We also seemed to change up our musical tastes this year. Me with the Helen Forrest obsession and you with the J-Pop Idols.

Rabbit: Not all of them are Idols like Perfume and Kalafina, but yes, it’s true I’ve been on the Idol bandwagon as of late. You though, you seem to keep going earlier and earlier into music history.

Tiger: What can I say, I like the classics.

Rabbit: As for TvR, we didn’t post as much this year but I felt we covered a wider range of topics including the introduction of a new mode, Retro ReCAP. I hope everyone enjoyed it and is looking forward to more.

Tiger: We already have some topics lined up for next year too. We’ll be getting back to the video game conversation and talking about some anime as well.

Rabbit: We really need to work on playing more games too. I feel like I only bought games this year.

Tiger: It’s so hard to play games sometimes with all our other interests.

Rabbit: Do you have any New Year's resolutions?

Tiger: I'm really not into making them but I guess I can say I want to play more games from my Backloggery. I buy enough of them, I might as well start playing them. I also want to expand my musical tastes and find some new classical composers along with some new music from the 20s.

 Rabbit: Why don't you try something that's from this century? 

Tiger: That's really not my cat's meow. What about you, Rabbit?

Rabbit: I want to circumvent the planet, battling the bears of the world.

Tiger: Sure...

Rabbit: I hope all you Qgers & Qbbits have a wonderful holiday season and a Happy New Year!

Tiger: Please look forward to seeing us again in 2017! We’re in your care!

Tiger & Rabbit: \(^▽^*) Take care and see you next year! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

No comments:

Post a Comment